ONLINE TRAINING POLICY & DISCLAIMER
Important guidelines for online training
These include but are not limited to the following:
The instructor must:
• work within their area of knowledge and expertise, supported by a nationally accredited instructor qualification/certificate in the specific area of instruction and apply relevant health and safety guidelines at all times
• pre-screen each participant prior to every training session. If the participant has any medical conditions, injuries or other conditions which may affect their participation in the proposed exercise activity they must gain consent from their GP prior to participation
• assess the suitability of the activity based on the health and capability of the participant, follow any specific guidelines provided by the GP, adapt the exercise accordingly and closely monitor health and well-being
• provide safe and effective instruction to prevent injury and promote health
• ensure confidentiality of data in line with GDPR. Relevant permission must be gained in order to share content
• limit class times to suit individual ability levels
• limit class numbers to provide safe and effective coaching.
It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure:
• there is sufficient space to perform the exercises safely and move freely without obstacles or obstructions, free from furniture, equipment and other hazards – a minimum of four square meters per person
• any equipment is safe and in a suitable condition for the activity being performed
• the surrounding floor space is entirely clear to remove any hazards that may increase the risk of slips, trips or falls
• there are no distractions throughout the duration of the session
• there is sufficient heating, lighting, ventilation and hydration.
In addition, the following disclaimer applies in respect of any pre-recorded sessions:
As with all fitness and exercise programmes, when using this exercise video you need to use your common sense. To reduce and avoid injury, you will want to check with your doctor before beginning any fitness programme. By performing any fitness exercises without supervision, you are performing them at your own risk. Donna Martin of MisFit Fitness will not be responsible or liable for any injury or harm you sustain as a result of this fitness programme, DVD, online fitness video or information shared on our website. This includes emails, videos and text.